Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Twilling!

Twilling has been all the rage for awhile now at the LQS (local quilt shop) where I work.  I've been eager to learn this hand embroidery stitch, but at first thought I'd finish all my regular embroidery UFO's first. (Ha!)  Yesterday was the day I finally gave in and got my twilling crash course from Christina, and this morning I finished up this practice piece.  I made this shorter, smaller version of the pattern (one of the Monthly Twillings patterns at the shop) and overall I'm happy with it.  The shop owners would like a sample of twilling on wool, and I have a leftover piece of yellow wool from a sample for the needle nest I made to teach ribbon bobbin work at the shop.

For the yellow wool one, which will be the full size version of the pattern, I think I'll twill the stem instead of doing the stem stitch on it.  The pattern says to do the stem stitch there, but I noticed later that the picture on the cover shows twilling on the stem, and I think that would look better.  I'll show a pic when that's done.  I think I'll just make little wallhangings out of each.

Well, I think I've got this blogging thing down!  Now, time to sew up some BOM (block of the month) samples that are due tomorrow.  Stay tuned...

Thanks for stopping by!
Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment