Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Crockpot Spaghetti Update: The Power of Pinterest!

I'll admit I occasionally look at my blog stats. It's interesting to see if anyone is actually reading what I'm writing. And there's a place where I can see where people are finding me and clicking through. For example, on a normal day, mostly facebook. Or during a Bonnie Hunter mystery when I link-up to show progress, I'll get lots of hits through her blog.

Back before my big blogging sabbatical, I started getting lots of hits though Pinterest. That's weird; I'm not even on Pinterest. (I know...gasp!) It turns out one of my posts (Crockpot Spaghetti) got pinned and passed around, and back then it got something like 10,000 views! All for a simple (though totally yummy) dish:



So there are two updates. One is that it's now had over 41,000 views. Wow! And among some old comments awaiting moderation was this excellent suggestion: a much easier way to get the grease out of the ground beef is with a turkey baster. Great idea! I'm not likely to try it this week while the heat wave has me frying eggs on the side walk, but when it cools off, I'll be giving the turkey baster trick a try.

Thanks for stopping by!
Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment