Thursday, August 23, 2012

WIPs (Works in Progress)

Or should that be WsIP? lol  Either way, I thought I'd share my two newest projects with you today.  (Plus, what better excuse to take a break from cleaning house? lol) 

There's a blog I enjoy reading, That Man Quilts, and the author Lane mentioned the other day that he likes to show his projects all along the way instead of waiting and only showing pics of things when they're done.  As a new blogger, I guess I just figured finished projects are all anyone would want to see.  But I thought about it and decided he had a point.  Lots of non-quilters don't really know what goes into making a quilt, and quilters might enjoy seeing things as they progress.  So here goes!

I've recently started doing the embroidery for Vintage Tin by Crabapple Hill.  I finished the first block (the long row of oil cans across the top) last weekend, and this week have started on the second block:
This will be a shop block of the month (BOM) and my blocks (and eventual quilt) will be the shop sample.  This has been really fun so far, and Mark is thrilled that I'm doing it. :)

Yesterday at work I cut kits for a cozy, flannel Christmas throw.  It's in bright, non-traditional colors.  Here is my kit, that will also be for a shop sample.  I've sub-cut the fabrics into the block sizes needed, and it's ready to start sewing together.  You can't see much of the flannels, but it's actually more flannel than minkee (the solid colors in the foreground of the pic, which are sooooo soft!).  The flannels have snowmen, reindeer, etc. and one says "Peace", another "Love" and a third "Joy".  They are really cute.
There's hot pink and orange in the flannel, so along with the purple, turquoise and lime green, all my favorite colors are represented.

Stay tuned for progress!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment