Sunday, August 26, 2012

Wonderful Weekend!

This has been a really fun weekend!  My friend Carolyn, from OK, came up to spend the weekend with us.  This morning we both wore our Pig t-shirts for this self portrait:
Carolyn drove straight to the shop after she got off work on Friday and we had some "Late Night" sewing with the gals at the shop. 


Here is Carolyn with Carol & Pat, showing off the signature quilt  that Carolyn brought with her.  She's been collecting signatures of friends and family for several years.  Isn't that a great pattern?  Her Kansas Dugout blocks are made with white backgrounds that are 5" cut squares and 4" cut snowball squares on two opposite corners.  I love the overall look of the blocks and her setting.  Have you ever made a signature quilt?  I did one with a group of quilters from church as a welcome gift for our pastor and his wife when they came to the church.  Carolyn's quilt has me thinking of making one for myself.

The sewing and fun continued all day Saturday at our house.  Carolyn worked on setting these fun bulls' eye blocks from a block swap.  Do you see the cool circle in a diamond patterns that the blocks are forming?  I think the blocks between the circles look like flowers.  Carolyn chose a really cool setting for these blocks.
This bag took up most of my weekend.  It's a gift for a friend and I'm happy with how it turned out.
Willie is the little friend with the bag.  He belongs to the daughter of one of our pastors.  Willie came to the "Miss Nan hospital" for a minor surgery.  He's good as new now except for a small scar. :)

I also whipped up another twilling project.  Last week I did the twilling over a couple of evenings and then took a break from the bag to get it to this point Saturday afternoon.  This is a monthly twilling kit from the shop and will be a shop sample as soon as I get the binding tacked down.  I've really gotten myself hooked on twilling and maybe Carolyn, too!  I taught her how and she picked out the November (Thanksgiving) monthly twilling kit for her first project.

Now, with church and a long nap under my belt, I'm ready to get back to Minglewood.  I think I'll work on the machine applique for the center medallion - due date for the sample is Sept 1st!

What a wonderful weekend!  I hope yours was great, too.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nan

3 comments:

  1. I thought you were the only one west of the Mississippi that had a Pig t-shirt. Hahahaha! /s/ Your Route 66 Bowtie guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just whipping out the projects! Way to go Nan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn told me she was going for a visit. Thanks for sharing pictures so I knew what she was up to. lol Looks like you girls were busy, busy! Love your bag.

    ReplyDelete