Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Still here!

Things have been so busy since we got home from vacation! And yes...I still promise to finish posting about vacation by telling you about Charleston, and one other stop we made.  Life has just rushed past and I haven't gotten to it yet.  Whenever I have a little free time, I've wanted to sew instead of sit at the computer. A post about that will be coming soon, too.

I had decided that even though our vacation wasn't until late September, it would be warm enough that I could still hold on to summer until after vacation.  And the weather was so beautiful in GA & SC that my plan worked out great.  Of course that meant that by the time we got back home, it was soon October and fall was in full swing.

This is a beautiful flaming red maple tree in our backyard, shortly after we got home.


And after some heavy rain and wind, here is the tree today. :(

Time flies...trite, but true.  It's still fall, and we're enjoying lots of fun fall activities like football, as well as a wonderful visit from my parents.  But before we know it, all the hardwoods will be bare like this one.  But this pic is deceiving.  Today it's 80 degrees!  A little taste of summer is back.  It will be winter all too soon, so I'm cherishing this unusually warm week in Oct!

Pics of my sewing progress and the rest of the vacation pics, soon.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment