Saturday, September 1, 2012

A little too much excitement

Yesterday I did something careless and stupid.  I got distracted and looked away from my longarm quilting machine while I was basting a quilt.  I've heard war stories of people sewing through their fingers but never imagined how easily it could happen and certainly never thought I'd do it, but I did.  I'm fine, but the sight of a large industrial size sewing machine needle going in my finger at the top and coming out at the bottom was pretty weird and one I doubt I'll ever forget!  Thank goodness it missed the nail and bone, so while painful, it could have been much worse.

Here I am revisiting the scene of the crime. (No, I didn't take a pic during all the excitement, so squeamish readers needn't worry!)



Fortunately a friend was with me at the time and helped me get the needle out of the machine, then pulled the needle out of my finger, got me ice and took me to my doc for a tetanus shot.  About 45 minutes later we were back in business quilting! :)

Hopefully I only have to learn this lesson the hard way once.   I plan to be very careful from now on!

Thanks for stopping by and be careful everyone,
Nan

2 comments: