Friday, September 14, 2012

Whatcha' reading?

What do falling temps and falling leaves signal?  Not just the start of ragweed allergy season!  It's time for the Friends of the Library book sale!
This afternoon I stopped by to see what kind of damage I could do.  I had a coupon for a free paperback because I completed the adult summer reading program at the library.  I was sure I'd win one of the big prizes like an e-reader, but hey, a free paperback is worth 75 cents! :)

I briefly considered trying out a few new authors, but texted Mom and based on her reviews, decided against them.  I've been on a John Grisham kick lately, so I picked up a few of his that I haven't read yet.  When was the last time I've read anything by Scott Turow ?  A long time, but I liked his books...so one of those in the pile.  A Jan Karon Mitford book I haven't read yet, and finally Dan Brown.  I liked The Da Vinci Code, so decided another of his would be a good bet.  When my arms started hurting from carrying the load, I knew it was time to stop browsing. lol

So in the end, I wasn't adventurous at all, but I like all these authors, so a big stack of their books for $13, and I'm happy.  And happy to support the library.  I think I've given away more books in the last year than I've brought home (mainly reading from the library instead of buying), so the overflowing bookshelves in our house shouldn't complain too much.
What's that empty cup on top of the stack, you ask?  Oh, that.  Well, I redeemed my free frozen custard coupon that I also got for reading this summer!  I still have a free movie rental and a buy one get one free pizza buffet.

So what have you been reading lately?  And is it book sale time at your library, too?

A final pic for the day:
This morning I hosted quilt group at our house, and one of the ladies brought me these beautiful flowers.  What a nice surprise!

Thanks for stopping by & TGIF!
Nan

1 comment:

  1. My favorite Grisham book is The Partner. Have you read that one yet?

    ReplyDelete