Monday, September 3, 2012

Sewing with Bonnie

Bonnie K Hunter has put out a challenge to do hand work for 1 hour a day this month.  I'm in!  I've been working on my Vintage Tin by Crabapple Hill and am now doing the woody and bridge block.  My blocks will be samples for the BOM that will be starting this fall at the shop where I work.  I haven't been working on it everyday, so this challenge seemed like a great idea!  Last night I worked on it for 2 hours and this is how it now stands:
I'm pleased with my progress, and am hoping that by the end of the month not only this block, but maybe the next will be done!

The pic shows where I do handwork, which is in the living room on the sofa.  I prop up pillows behind my back and sit sidewides to make it more comfortable.  See the bright pillow sticking out under my work?  That pillow goes in my lap to keep my project closer to me.  And you can even see a little embroidery floss hanging off the back of the sofa. :)  It's ready for me when I need it.

On the floor I have my little trash can, a pin cushion, my calendar to mark progress, and the scissors with a retractable holder - ready to wear and calling out to me to linger and stitch!  I do most of my handwork in the evenings so I can spend time with Mark.  We watch a lot of sports and I can listen to the action, then look up for the exciting parts!
Did you notice there's even a little pile of floss labels?  I need to keep track of how many skeins of floss I use for each block so we can put the right amount in each month's BOM kit.  The oil cans block used 2 1/2 skeins!

Check out linkys to the other participants in this challenge over at today's post on Bonnie's blog by clicking here! Are you participating?  I look forward to seeing everyone's projects and progress!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nan



3 comments:

  1. Impressive amount of work done already! Can't wait to keep up with your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nan...I thought it was you from Bits n Pieces! I think I'll just watch you make this one..My stitches are awful and these old hands cramp up just doing binding..sighhh ..Getting old stinks sometimes LOL ....I have the 1st blocks for "Minglewood" and they are still in their wrappers. I am so far behind. Maybe I'll make this my stitch along project even tho I'll be using my Bernina. I'm looking forward to checking in with you again soon.
    Happy stitching, (((hugs))) Linda Kriesel in East KCMO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool project you are working on! I've never seen it before and it's a lot of fun...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete