Monday, September 10, 2012

Sewing with Bonnie, progress report

Last week I told you I'd taken up Bonnie K Hunter's challenge of spending one hour a day doing hand work.  I can't say that I did one hour each day, but I did average more than an hour a day, so I'll take it!

I spent lots of time here:

Here's a better pic to show some of the detail on the Vintage Tin block I'm embroidering.  You can see where I was when I started the challenge here.  I was hoping to be finished with this block by now, but I'm not too far away!
Here's my calendar.  You might be able to see that I only missed two days (I was busy machine quilting late into the night both of those days).  My total for the week is 11 hours.  Not too shabby for me.  It's the first time I've ever counted hand work hours, so it's interesting to see and definitely more than an average week for me.   And I didn't count the time I spent hand tacking down binding, because while that's handwork, it wasn't progress on Vintage Tin, which I specifically was committing myself to.
Are you taking the challenge?  How did you do?  Catch up with Bonnie and everyone else who took on the challenge (there are 40 of us!  Wow!) here.

Thanks for stopping by & happy Monday,
Nan

3 comments:

  1. Nan, I love your embroidery it would be a great gift for a man. Also your spaghetti post in the right column caught my eye I am going to try it. sound so easy and would be great to have going when the Grands are here

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a great job on the embroidery! Looking forward to seeing all of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embroidery is gorgeous! I really appreciate the detail and time that goes into it. My mom does some embroidery, but I have never had the hand skills. Hopefully, one day, I will! Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete